Monday, September 7, 2026
Switzy -- Emma Cline
David Hastings is a successful businessman who has Alzheimer’s disease. He has the means to professionally have assistance to end his life in Switzerland. As I read Swtizy, I kept thinking what an odd thing that must be to decide. David is somewhat of an empty soul, but his musings on family, work, and friendship contain just enough wisdom to be enlightening. Bits of songs and stories float through his thoughts. His companion, Cody, hovers, taking care of things in the background. David Hastings reminded me a little of my dad, who would never have made this decisions. Switzy is a book with a creepy premise, that is oddly moving and contemporary. After Switzy and The Guest (a story with another unusual premise), I wonder where Cline will go next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I just read the NYT's review of this book and was considering it as my book club pick but I needed to hear from my favorite librarian for confirmation. Thanks for review!
Post a Comment